![]() |
| Some of our group and Pak Mafud's wife's family. They all live in the same area in the desa. |
![]() |
| This is Pak Mafud's little girl. She is the cutest!! |
![]() |
| I was surprised I was allowed to take pictures inside, but because it's a famous mosque, I think most people who come to see take pictures. |
![]() |
| The inside of the mosque was incredible and intricately decorated. |
![]() |
| Me and my teacher, Ririn, with some girls that we met at the mosque. |
The next day, we went to a yearly event on Madura...cow racing!! This was an experience I will never forget for sure. These races are held once a year there.
![]() |
| As you can see, 2 cows are tied together and a jockey rides on something that looks like just a metal slab in the back |
![]() |
| One of the jockeys after his race...I couldn't get over how small he was! |
![]() |
| One of the races in action |
![]() |
| A group of kids I met there who gave me the lowdown on the races...they were so cute! They said there's also goat and rabbit racing at the field here, but the cow racing is the biggest event. |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment